How to pack for return
Process of packing an artwork during return:
In case of return/exchange, the buyer must keep in mind the safety of the artwork lies in their hands and that in case of any damage, they shall solely be held responsible. Therefore, it is advisable for them to go through these guidelines.
* Put a layer of glassine/butter paper above the painted side of the artwork before putting any other packaging material. Do not use any chemical paper or material or newspapers to wrap it as it might damage the artwork.
* Use a plastic/cardboard pipe inside the artwork to provide support.
* Cover it with a few protective layers of bubble wrap, multiple times (3-4 layers)
* Put it inside a cardboard tube and cover the tube lid with a cap or with bubble wrap and a hardboard.
* Cover the tube with a layer of bubble wrap to protect it from any damages even from liquids.
* Make an (asterisk / Star) mark(*) across the glass of the frame with masking tape. This will protect the artwork in case the glass is broken , it will hold the glass and not let it move around.
* Wrap the painting in brown paper, leaving no sides open.
* Place cardboard corners on all four corners of the painting.
* Place a sheet of cardboard of the painting’s size under and above the artwork to provide yet another protective layer for the glass.
* Wrap the package in bubble wrap (3-4 times) and seal it with tape.
* Place the piece into a cardboard box/crate and seal it properly from all sides with packing tape.
* Place the piece in a crate, with thermocol layers on all sides
* Seal the crate with packing tape properly from all sides.
* Wrap the sculpture properly with a bubble sheet, giving it a thick layer of protection. However, avoid using bubble wrap for small, delicate sculptures, instead, place them gently inside a plastic bag.
* Find a packing box that fits the artwork, neither too large nor too small.
*Fill the box with shredded paper or medium-sized paper balls to protect the sculpture.
* Seal the box from all sides with packing tape.
* Check the stability of the sculpture inside the box by shifting it a little and ensure that the sculpture does not shift within.
* Use thermocol sheets, balls , bubble wraps , etc to make sure the box gets extra stiffness which will help in case any heavy object is placed above it
* Always put ‘fragile’,‘this side up’ etc stickers above the package for cautionary purposes.
* Make sure you insert the bill copy properly before sealing the package.
* You must include the ‘Certificate of Authenticity’ that you must have found upon opening the package when it arrived.
* Ensure that you stick a paper with both, “To and from” addresses mentioned properly and covered with a layer of tape or plastic wrap to avoid any damages in transit.
* The product should be shipped within 3-4 days after the return/exchange request is approved by DIRUMS.
HOW TO SHIP/COURIER:
To choose a reliable shipping agency is really very important in order to avoid any damages. Choose a reliable couriering agency for shipping the artwork and get the package insured from the shipping agent, all good shipping agents provide insurance so that in case of any damage during transit, you can claim it from the shipping agency itself. Dirums.com shall not be responsible for any damage caused to the artwork during transit. Send a copy of the bill and tracking id of the package to your Dirums.com portal immediately after you have shipped the package. Ensure that you are given a tracking id for the package, so that the same can be given to the seller as well and both the ends can track the package while it is on its way.
Stay up to date with the roadmap progress, announcements and exclusive discounts feel free to sign up with your email.